Saturday, August 29, 2009

Getting in the holiday mood



I got up this morning, after an enlightening chat with my 5 & 6 year old grand daughters, and decided to think "Christmas". As I have mentioned before, I am really enjoying the Medallion stamp. I had the idea to make it into a holiday ornament. And it worked! Of course I had to stamp quite of few of them and then emboss them, but the finished product worked out really well.

I do realize it is only August (well, almost September), but I feel I need to start early as I never know what will slow me down as the holidays approach. There are always so many fun things to do.

The trickiest part of this was to cut the scallop after stamping the design, but almost every time it has worked perfectly. Here's how I mastered that:
1. Cut out the scallop using the Circle die and the Big Shot using a single piece of paper
2. Lay the paper scallop over the stamped Medallion design and line up edges
3.Keeping the 2 pieces together, turn them over and bring close to the Circle die
4. Slightly peel back the scallop paper and align the edges with the die.
5. Be sure to keep the scallop paper and stamped image together on other sides
6. Lay both pieces on the die and cut.

I would love to hear if this works for you as well.



2 comments:

Georgia said...

Hi Cindy, This is a beautiful ornament. I love embossed silver with white.

Anonymous said...

What a nice idea ! I love it.
SYlvie