Saturday, June 27, 2009

Simply Thank You



Sorry I haven't posted any cards for almost a week now. I have been busy with my daughter and her family visiting. We had a great time hiking, kayaking, visiting museums and basically enjoying Alaska in the summer.  I certainly miss them already but now I'm back to stamping.

A friend mentioned recently that many cards are done with so many layers that the postage really adds up when it comes to mailing.  So, today I did 2 cards that are very simple.  Both
have backgrounds made from simply stamping a simple design repeatedly. In this manner, if you don't have coordinating papers, you can make your own. It seems like years ago we used this technique frequently. Maybe I should try to use it a little more now.

The background stamp comes from a new set in the Stampin'Up! catalog called Autumn Days. Both of the cardstocks are from the new In Color collection. One is Razzle Berry and the other is Bermuda Bay. Aren't they beautiful!

Well, I'll try and post more often now. Have fun stamping.


No comments: