Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm back and ready for the holidays!!!


I apologize to everyone for being so lax the past month and not posting. It just seems that things got a little too hectic and I wasn't prepared for it. But now I have had my dear husband taking photos for me and I have a number of blogs ready for your viewing. You will notice that they all revolve around the holidays. I am so ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas that you will be seeing primarily cards and gift ideas during the next 2 months. I hope you enjoy them and I love hearing comments.

Today's sample is my rendition for Thanksgiving placecards/bookmarks. I am planning on making them for our gathering at home this year.

The turkeys are easy to make. The tail feathers are each 1/2 of a scallop punch. Even the beak, feet and wobble were all cut after being punched from the scallop punch. The body was sketched after being punched with the scallop and then cut out. It's very simple...just try it.

The colors I used for the tail feathers were Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. The wobble is Real Read and the beak/feet are So Saffron. A black marker was used to mark the eyes and also the tail feathers on the first row. It is all attached to a large paper clip with dimensionals. All I have to add it the person's name and the place card will be complete.

No comments: